Dr. Humeira Badsha
Consultant Rheumatologist in Dubai
Languages English Urdu/ Hindi Tamil
Dr. Humeira Badsha is Founder, Consultant Rheumatologist, and Medical Director at Dr. Humeira Badsha Medical Center in Dubai, an Emirates Healthcare Company.
She trained at the University of California Los Angeles, is American Board-Certified in Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, and Certified in Musculoskeletal ultrasound by the American College of Rheumatology. She has almost three decades of experience as a Rheumatologist across three countries – the USA, Singapore and UAE.
She has worked and taught medical students and doctors at various schools and hospitals including Harvard, Tufts and National University of Singapore. She has conducted multiple clinical studies and published more than 50 papers in major peer-reviewed journals and 2 chapters in textbooks. She has chaired the IIRME Arab Health Rheumatology conference for 5 years and a yearly Women’s health conference, in addition to organizing and chairing various international conferences.
She is co-chair of International Affairs for the Asia Pacific League for Rheumatology (APLAR). She was the Secretary (2008-2010) and Founding Member of the Emirates Society of Rheumatology .
She has continously demonstrated excellence in patient care across the globe, winning the Patient’s Choice Award Massachusetts, USA, for 3 consecutive years, and the Doctify award for excellence in patient care in UAE 2021. Her commitment to patient care led to her founding the Middle East Arthritis Foundation in 2006 to increase awareness of arthritis, and support those who have this chronic condition. She is the Vice Chairperson of the Foundation and has directed fund-raising and operations since 2006. In 2020 the Foundation received the first place award for innovation from the Ministry of Health UAE. The Foundation is consistently active in supporting patients and organizing yearly events such as World Arthritis Week and an annual Arthritis Walk.
Dr. Badsha has authored and published a book “The Wellness Guide to Arthritis” to provide a holistic guide to arthritis, diet and wellness for patients. The book is listed on Amazon and at various bookstores in the UAE. Through her youtube and social media channels she promotes a comprehensive and integrative approach to disease and health.
Areas of Expertise
Qualifications and Credentials
- American Board Certified Rheumatology 1997, recertified 2007, and 2017
- American Board Certified Internal Medicine 1995, recertified 2005
- RhMUS Certified in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound, 2016
- Rheumatology Fellowship at UCLA (University of Los Angeles, LA, California)
- Internal Medicine Residency at University of Connecticut (Farmington, CT USA)
- MBBS at Madras Medical College, University of Madras, Chennai, India
- Fellow American College of Rheumatology
- Fellow Academy of Medicine Singapore
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine – Tufts New England medical School, Boston, Mass, USA
- Clinical Teacher – National University of Singapore
- Licensed Dubai Health authority, Dubai Healthcare City, California, Massachusetts, Singapore
- Founding Member, Emirates Society for Rheumatology and Secretary 2009 – 12/2010
- Vice Chairperson, and Founding member Board of Directors Emirates Arthritis Foundation 04/06
- Member Research Ethics Committee Harvard Medical School Dubai center (2000-10) and Department Of Health and Medical Services (DOHMS) Dubai (2008 to present)
- Chairperson and speaker Arab Health Rheumatology Conference 2007, 2009 and Musculoskeletal Conference 2008, 2010, Bone and Joint Conference 2011, 2012, Women’s Health Conference 2012
- Member, Editorial Board International Journal of Rheumatology (Blackwell publishing)
- Speaker and/ or Presenter International Osteoporosis Foundation meetings, Pan Arab Rheumatology Conferences, Asia Pacific Rheumatology Conference (APLAR), European League against Rheumatology Conference (EULAR), American College of Rheumatology (ACR)
View American Board of Internal Medicine Certification
View Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Certification in Rheumatology, American College of Rheumatology
To request your next appointment, please complete the form on book appointment page and let us know the most convenient time and date for you. Please don’t forget to include accurate contact details so we can follow up with you to finalize your request.