Dr. Ashok Kumar
Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon – Regenerative Medicine & Orthopaedic
Dr Ashok Kumar is a highly experienced and reputable Orthopedic Surgeon and Diplomat /Board Certified from American Academy of Regenerative Medicine with 20 years of experience in Orthopedics. He teaches and train the art of regenerative medicine as an invited speaker at local and international regenerative medicine conferences. Recently he published four articles; mechanism and stages of action of stem cell in osteoarthritis; review article on stem cell in COVID-19, review article on PRP in osteoarthrithis, editorial review article on PRP/Stem cells in osteoarthritis. He has many teaching videos of PRP/Stem cell on You Tube and Orthopaedics on Vu Medi.
He is chairman of education for American Academy of Regenerative Medicine -MENA region and International Regenerative expert for prestigious regenerative clinic. He has completed MS Orthopedics and subsequent specialized training from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS, Delhi), Exeter hip Centre U.K & Katharnein hospital, Germany.
He has worked as an Assistant professor of Orthopedics at AIIMS, Delhi; and as a Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon for 5 years at Saudi German Hospital & 4 years at Dubai Bone & Joint Centre (DBAJ), Dubai Health Care city. He has published more than 37 internationals indexed Orthopaedic papers and co-authored a book (2014) titled “Tips & Tricks in Total Hip & Knee Arthroplasty”. He has presented his work in various highly prestigious international Orthopedic Conferences (SICOT/Arab Health/IOACON/ESMOS) including the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeon (AAOS). Dr Kumar has been an international faculty for reputed AIIMS cadaveric arthroplasty course & update for (2010-2018).
Regenerative Medicine & Sports Medicine
- Diplomat & Board Certified in Regenerative Medicine from American Academy of Regenerative Medicine (AARM/ABRAM), USA
- Diploma in Sports Medicine from International Olympic Committee
- MS Orthopaedics, AII India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi
- FRCS/MRCS, Glasgow, U.K
- Diploma in Sports Medicine, International Olympic Committee
- Mch Orthopaedics, ARU, U.K
- Fellow in Joint Replacement/Orthopaedics, Germany/U.K
Expertise & Areas of Interest
Ultrasound /Image guided regenerative procedures for arthritis, tendinosis, muscle/ligament /tendon injuries, Back/neck/tail bone pain
- PRP, Autologous Serum, Bone Marrow Concentrate (BMAC), Prolotherapy
- Stem Cells (Bone marrow derived mesenchymal and adipose tissue derived)
- Epidural/intradiscal/transforaminal / facet joint regenerative injection.
- Primary complex and revision Total hip (THR) & Knee replacement (TKR)
- Platelet rich plasma (PRP)/Prolotherapy for Osteoarthritis of knee/hip
- Surgical correction of joint deformity (high tibial osteotomy)
- Arthroscopic ACL reconstruction/meniscectomy/ankle arthroscopy
- Management of chronic tendinopathy (PRP/ shockwave/prolotherapy/repair)
- Paediatric Fractures/Dislocations
- Management of Flat foot/ club foot (Ponseti/surgery) / DDH (Brace/Pelvic & femoral osteotomy)/ Perthes/ knock knee / bowed leg/ cerebral palsy(brace/tendon release), CVT
- Complex musculoskeletal trauma
- Surgical management of acute fractures of the upper/lower limbs/delayed or nonunion.
- Management of benign (injection/curettage & BG) and malignant bone tumour (limb salvage)
- Management of back pain (transforminal / facet joint injection)/ neck pain/tail bone pain (Prolotherapy)
- Ashok Kumar, Kadamb AG, Kadamb KG. Mesenchymal or Maintenance Stem Cell & Understanding their role in osteoarthritis of the knee joint: A review article. Arch Bone Jt Surg. 2020; 8(5): Doi: 10.22038/abjs.2020.42536.2155
- Ashok Kumar, Kadamb AG, Kadamb KG. “Understanding the Role of Platelet Rich Plasma, Bone Marrow Concentrate, Micro Fragmented Adipose Tissue, Stromal Vascular Fraction and Stem Cell in Osteoarthritis of the Knee: It’s Time to Wake Up!”. EC Orthopaedics 10.9 (2019): 804- 812.
- Ashok Kumar, Ghosh SB. Emerging Treatment Options of Regenerative Medicine in Severe Corona Virus/COVID 19 Infections. International Journal of Stem Cells. eISSN 2005-5447; https://doi.org/10.15283/ijsc20076.
- Ashok Kumar, Kadamb AG, Kadamb KG. Hope, hype, hurdles and future perspective for PRP, PRP Versus Hyaluronic Acid injection osteoarthritis of the knee. Bio Ortho J; Vol 2(1):e1–e12;April 15, 2020.
- Marenah M, Li J, Kumar A, Murrell W. Quality assurance and adverse event management in regenerative medicine for knee osteoarthritis: Current concepts. J Clin Orthop Trauma. 2019 Jan-Feb;10(1):53-58. doi: 10.1016/j.jcot.2018.09.005. Epub 2018 Sep 18. Review. PubMed PMID: 30705533; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6349654
- Khan SA, Kumar A, Varshney MK, Trikha V, Yadav CS.Dextrose prolotherapy in the management of recalcitrant coccygodynia. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery 2008;16(1):27-9.
- Yadav CS, Mittal S, Singh S, Gamanagatti S, Anand S, Kumar A. A novel single myocapsular sleeve (SMS) repair technique to reduce dislocation in posterior approach to the hip: A clinico-radiographic study. J Clin Orthop Trauma. 2019 Oct;10(Suppl 1): S247-S251. doi: 10.1016/j.jcot.2019.03.014. Epub 2019 Mar 22. PubMed PMID: 31700214; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6823894.
- Khan SA, Kumar A. Ponseti manipulation in neglected club foot in children more than seven year of age- A prospective evaluation of twenty-five with long term follow up. J Pediatr Orthop B. 2010 Sep;19(5):385-9.
- Kumar A,Khan SA, Sampath Kumar V, Sharma MC. Bizarre parosteal osteochondromatous proliferation (Nora’s lesion) of phalanx in a child.BMJ Case Rep. 2014 Jan 23; 2014.
- Neogi DS, Kumar A,Rijal L, Yadav CS, Jaiman A, Nag HL. Role of nonoperative treatment in managing degenerative tears of the medial meniscus posterior root. J Orthop Traumatol. 2013 Sep;14(3):193-9
- Kumar A,Gupta H, Yadav CS, Khans SA, Rastogi S. Role of locking plate in treatment of difficult un-united fractures- a clinical study.
Chin J Traumatol. 2013;6(1):22-26
- Kumar A,Ansari MT, Yadav CS, Rijal L. Ligamentotaxis for comminuted fracture of capitate: a case report.
Chin J Traumatol. 2012;15(4):254-6.
- Kumar A, Naranje S, Gupta H, Khan SA, Yadav CS, Rastogi S, Gamanagatti S, Bakhshi S. A single incision surgical new anterior technique for forequarter amputation.
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2011 Jul;131(7):955-61. Epub 2011 Jan 4.
- Kumar A,Khatri D, Varshney MK, Khan SA, Yadav CS, Rastogi S. Painless osteoid osteoma in a 15 years old child-A rare case report. European Journal of Orthopaedic surgery 2011 ;20 (5), 393-396, DOI: 10.1007/s00590-009-0578-8
- Neogi DS, Kumar A, Khan SA, Rastogi S, Yadav CS. Total hip arthroplasty in patients with active tuberculosis of the hip with advanced arthritis.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2010Feb;468(2):605-12. Epub 2009 Jun 30
- Rastogi S, Kumar A, Khan SA. Do locking plates have a role in Orthopaedic oncological reconstruction. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2010, Volume 130, Number 12, Pages 1493-1497. J Pediatr Orthop B. 2010 Sep;19(5):385-9
- Kanan A, Kancheria R, Kumar A,Khan SA, Yadav CS, Rastogi S.Transverse tarsal and tarsometatarsal cuboid subluxation.Lateral tarsometatarsal subluxation with fracture of base of 5th metatarsal. Accepted for publication in Foot & Ankle 2010; 31(5) :452.
- Kumar A, Neogi DS,Khan SA, Logani V,Yadav CS.IIlizarov External Fixator for Bilateral Severe Flexion Deformity of the Knee in Haemophilia: Case report Accepted for publication in Archive of Orthopaedic Trauma & Surgery2010; 130(5): 621-625
- Neogi DS, Kumar A, Singh S, Yadav CS. Delayed tuberculous infection in total knee replacement arthroplasty – Is conservative treatment possible: Case Report. Acta Orthopaedica Belgica. 2009 Feb; 75 (1): 136-140.
- Khan SA, Kumar A, Inna P, Bakhshi S, Rastogi S. Endoprosthetic replacement for giant cell tumour of the proximal femur. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery 2009; 17(3):280-3.
- Naranje S,Kumar A,AR Natraj, Mittal R.Hemorrhagic prepatellar bursitis: a rare case report and review of the literature.European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology 2009;19: 281-284.
- Khan SA, Shamshery P, Gupta V, Trikha V, Varshney M, Kumar A. Locking compression plate in long standing clavicular non-unions with poor bone stock.
Journal of Trauma2008 Feb; 64(2):439-441.
- Kumar A,Varshney MK, Trikha V, Khan SA, Hasan SA, Yadav CS. A rare actinomycosis of humerus: an unusual location and a diagnostic dilemma – a case report. Archive of Orthopaedics Trauma & Surgery2008Jan; 128 (1):121-4.
- Khan SA, Kumar A, Varshney MK, Rastogi S. Chondromyxoid Fibroma of the Clavicle in a Child. Euro J Orth Surg Trauma.March 2008; Vol 18. No.2:135-37
- Khan SA, Kumar A, Varshney MK. A rare association of deformities with diplopodia, aplasia of the tibia and double fibula: a case report. J Med Case Reports. 2008 Apr 7;2(1):102
- Kumar A, Ghosh SB, Varshney M K, Trikha V, Khan SA. Congenital spinaltuberculosis associated with asymptomatic endometrial tuberculosis – a rare case report. Joint Bone Spine2008 May; 75(3):353-5.
- Varshney MK,Kumar A, Khan SA, Yadav CS. Kimura disease of extremity- an unusual manifestation in bone. Joint Bone Spine2008 May 3.[Epub ahead of print]
- Kumar A, Varshney MK, Khan SA, Rastogi S, Safaya R. Low Grade Central Osteosarcoma – A Diagnostic Dilemma: Case Report. Joint Bone Spine 2008 May 3. [Epub ahead of print]
- Khan SA, Kumar A, Varshney MK, Trikha V, Yadav CS: Accidentally falling of instruments during orthopedic surgery– Time to wake up. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Statistics Aug 2008:794-795.
- Khan SA, Varshney MK, Hasan SA, Kumar A, Trikha V. Tuberculosis of sternum – A clinical study. JBJS(Br)2007; 89:817-820.
- Kumar A, Varshney M K, Trikha V, Rastogi S. An unusual presentation of a rare chest wall tumor -a case report. Joint Bone Spine.2007; 74(1):100-102.
- Kumar A,Khan SA, Yadav CS, Nag HL. Letter to Editor on locking compression plate in treatment of forearm fractures – a prospective study.Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery (Hong Kong).2007; 15 (1):121.
- Varshney MK,Kumar A, Khan SA. Letter to Editor on a predictive method for subsequent avascular necrosis of the femoral head by observation of bleeding from the cannulated screw used for fixation of intracapsular femoral neck fractures. J Orthop Trauma. 2007 Oct; 21 (9): 670.
- Khan SA, Tulkar S, Sharma DK, Kumar A, Varshney MK, Yadav CS, Rastogi S. CT guided radiofrequency ablation of osteoid osteomas – Indian Perspective.Hong Kong Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery (September 2007).
- Kumar A, Varshney MK, Trikha V, Khan SA. Isolated tuberculosis of the coccyx.JBJS (Br)2006 Oct; 88 (10): 1388-1389.
- Kumar A,Varshney MK, Trikha V. Unusual presentation of isolated sacral Joint Bone Spine. 2006; 73(6): 751-752.
- Khan SA,Kumar A.Letter to editor on pseudomalignant myositis ossificans mimicking osteosarcoma: a case report. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery (Hong Kong). 2006; 14(3):360.
- Tips & Tricks in Total Hip & Total Knee Arthroplasty (A Practical Approach): CS Yadav, Ashok Kumar (Authors/Editors); 2014, 1stEdition; Jaypee Brother Medical Publihers, Delhi, India, ISBN- 978-93-5025-674-3.